The Election Commission of India (ECI) is urging people to link their Aadhaar with their voter IDs. The process is simple and can be done online from home with just a few clicks.
How to link how to link Aadhaar to Voter ID online?
You can link your voter ID with your Aadhaar card online via any of the following methods:
- On the official National Voters’ Services Portal (NVSP) website
- Via the Voter Helpline app
Linking Aadhaar and voter ID on the NVSP website:
- Visit https://www.nvsp.in/.
- Click ‘Search in Electoral Roll’.
- Search for your electoral information using your EPIC number or by providing certain other details like your name, father’s or husband’s name, age, state, district and assembly constituency.
- Fill in the security code shown on the page and click on ‘Search’.
- If the details match those available in the ECI database, your electoral details will be displayed on the web page.
- Click ‘View Details’ and select ‘Form 6B.’
- In the pop-up window, fill in your EPIC number, name as per Aadhaar card, your Aadhaar UID number, and your registered email address or mobile number. Submit these details once filled in. Your Aadhaar and voter ID will then be linked as per due process.
Linking Aadhaar and voter ID on the Voter Helpline app:
- Download the Voter Helpline mobile app on your phone from the Google Play Store or the App Store, as applicable.
- Set up the application, provide the details needed and log into the app. Then, select the ‘Voter Registration’ option on the home screen.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select the ‘Electoral Authentication Form (Form 6B)’ option and click on the prompt labeled ‘Let's Start.’
- Choose the option that reads ‘Yes. I Have a Voter ID number’ in the next window that pops up on the app, and click on the button labeled ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Then, enter your voter ID number (EPIC number), select the state applicable to you and click on ‘Fetch Details.’
- Once the details in your record are found, click on ‘Proceed’ and then verify your voter details. If they are correct, click on ‘Next.’
- Enter your Aadhaar number, your registered mobile number, and the place of application. After this, click on ‘Done’ to proceed.
- Verify your details once more and click on ‘Confirm’ to submit your Form 6B on the app. Your Aadhaar and your voter ID will then be linked successfully.
- Aside from the two online methods outlined above, you can also link your Aadhaar with your voter ID via SMS or through a phone call.
Linking Aadhaar and voter ID via SMS:
To link your Aadhaar and your voter ID via SMS, all you need to do is type the following text in the given format and send the SMS to 51969 or 166 from your registered mobile number:
ECILINK<space><EPIC number or Voter ID card number><space><Aadhaar number>
Linking Aadhaar and voter ID via a phone call:
To link your Aadhaar with your voter ID via phone, call 1950 toll-free from your registered mobile number between 10AM to 5PM from Monday to Friday. Provide your voter ID and Aadhaar numbers to the customer care executive who answers. Once verified, your Aadhaar and voter ID will be linked, and you will be notified via phone call.
If your Aadhaar card is linked to your bank account, you can create a zero balance savings account with Federal Bank via Fi in minutes. Fi is a paperless online financial management solution that aids long-term wealth creation and allows for easy investment in the Indian Market via Mutual Funds or the US Stock market. By linking relevant ID proofs like PAN & Aadhaar, you can get verified digitally and start investing in no time. Thanks to government-authorized platforms like DigiLocker, the process is seamless and secure.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How can I verify my Aadhaar and voter ID linking status offline?
To verify your Aadhaar and voter ID linking status offline, you can visit the nearest electoral office or call the voter helpline number. It is not compulsory to link your Aadhaar with your voter ID, but if you wish to do so, it is a free process.
2. Is it compulsory to link the Aadhaar Card with your voter ID?
The Indian government has clarified that linking your Aadhaar with your voter ID is optional. Doing so will make it easier to link your ID proofs and vote during an election.
3. What are the charges to link the Aadhaar card to the Voter ID card?
Linking Aadhaar with Voter ID is a fee-free process; there are no charges for this.
4. How to get Aadhar card without voter ID?
You can enroll for an Aadhaar Card through an "Introducer" designated by the Registrar or Regional Offices if you do not have a voter ID, any other proof of identity, or proof of address.