The Aadhaar is a key identification document that any Indian can use for a range of purposes such as filing your IT returns, for example. In this article, we’ll cover the ways in which you can download your Aadhaar Card without having to generate an OTP.
Why is an OTP required to Download an Aadhaar Card?
Your Aadhaar card is a document that has a 12-digit number unique to you, as well as your name, address, gender, and biometric information (iris scans and fingerprints). You can easily download it online, just like other financial and official documents, and use it as proof whenever necessary.
To access the soft copy of your Aadhaar, you’ll usually need a password. This is to keep your Aadhaar information secure. You can also download a Masked Aadhaar where the first 8 digits are hidden.
For security purposes, downloading your Aadhaar card requires an OTP. However, if you don’t have your registered mobile number with you at the time of downloading, there are provisions to download it without an OTP.
The Aadhaar Download Without an OTP
- To download your Aadhaar card without an OTP:
- Visit the UIDAI website and enter your name, gender, and date of birth (no need to enter your phone number).
- Check if your details are current.
- Enter your name, date of birth, Aadhaar number, and request number to download the e-Aadhaar.
- Generate a TOTP to download the e-Aadhaar instead of an OTP.
- Note that downloaded Aadhaar cards without an OTP can only be electronic versions that can remain on your phone and cannot be printed. Use the mAadhaar app on your phone to generate this, which is officially accepted as an ID proof and is an excellent way to keep it secure.
Other Ways to Get Your Aadhaar Card Details: DigiLocker
Follow these simple steps to manage your Aadhaar card in Digilocker:
- Visit the Digilocker website or download the mobile app.
- Sign up using your mobile number.
- Enter the required personal details (full name, date of birth, email ID, etc.) to complete the registration process.
- Log in and click on the "Issued Documents" option to see all government documents issued to you and listed on the platform.
- Find and select "Aadhaar Card" from the list of documents available.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click/tap on the "Get Document" button.
- Your Aadhaar card will be fetched and stored in your Digilocker account.
- Now, you can view, download, and share your Aadhaar card as and when required.
Check out the complete article here.
Frequently asked questions
How can I download my Aadhar card digitally?
To download your e-Aadhaar or digitally generated Aadhaar card, visit the official issuing authority of Aadhaar, the UIDAI site or use the Aadhaar app on your mobile phone. You can also fetch a virtual copy of your Aadhaar from the DigiLocker website.
How can I download my Aadhar card with WhatsApp?
Open WhatsApp and send a message saying “Hi” to the number 9013151515 (the MyGov help desk).
- Select the “Digilocker” tab when it appears (you need a Digilocker account for this).
- Enter your Aadhaar number and a one-time password (OTP) sent to your phone.
- Download your Aadhaar as a PDF on WhatsApp.