The Government of India has made it a requirement for all Indians to have an Aadhaar number. This is a unique ID number for each citizen, according to distinctive biometric measures. The card serves to prove an Indian citizen’s identity and residential address.
The Aadhaar number can be used for many purposes such as opening a bank account or obtaining a passport. The Aadhaar number should be linked to a person’s mobile number, and has to be updated in records. Therefore, it is important to understand how to verify your mobile number, as well as an email ID, and link it to an Aadhaar card.
The Aadhaar card/number has lifelong validity, and it does have to be renewed. Minors get a card too, but when their status changes to an adult, the card must be updated. In order to safeguard citizens from any dubious activity like fraud, the holders of Aadhaar cards should have their Aadhaar number updated in government records by verification processes. This means that holders of Aadhaar cards must verify a mobile number linked with an Aadhaar card.
You can verify a mobile number and an email ID linked to your card, and if there is no linking done, you can do this online as well.
Your Aadhaar number comprises 12 digits, and is unique to you as a citizen of India. It is created according to your distinctive biometric information. Under present rules and regulations mandated by the Indian government, the Aadhaar is a must to file your Income Tax Returns, as well as applying for a PAN (Permanent Account Number) card. Any individual’s important personal information like mobile numbers and email IDs can be verified online through the UIDAI website, the official Aadhaar site.
Here’s how you can verify the mobile number or email address linked to your PAN account:
1. Head to the UIDAI website at uidai.gov.in
2. Go “My Aadhaar” and then to the tab that says “Services”.
3. Under the “Services” tab, you will see a section that states “Verify your mobile number and email ID”.
4. Now you are required to fill in your Aadhaar number, your phone number/email ID.
5. Make sure the details you fill in are identical to the ones you had submitted at the time of enrolment of your Aadhaar.
6. There will be a captcha displayed, and you will be required to enter the security code accordingly.
7. Then press the button that says “One time password”.
8. Your phone will receive a message which displays the one time password.
9. This must be entered in a column that states “Enter OTP”.
10. Then, choose to press “Verify OTP”.
Post the OTP verification, you should get a message that your mobile number and email ID have been verified with success.
Once you have completed the verification procedure, updates linked to your Aadhaar will be sent to your email ID and mobile number directly.
You can easily update your mobile number linked with your Aadhaar card online by visiting the UIDAI website and going to the “services” tab.
You can verify Aadhaar online by visiting the UIDAI website and going to My Aadhaar or the Services tab. You will find a menu-driven process to verify your Aadhaar online quickly and conveniently.