E-Aadhaar is an electronic version of your Aadhaar card, which is a unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). E-Aadhaar can be downloaded from the UIDAI website or the myAadhaar app, and can be used as a valid proof of identity and address.
How to download E-Aadhaar
To download your E-Aadhaar, follow these steps:
- Visit the official UIDAI website at https://uidai.gov.in/ or the myAadhaar app on your smartphone.
- Click on the ‘Download Aadhaar’ option in the ‘My Aadhaar’ section.
- You will be redirected to the https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ page.
- Enter your Aadhaar number, enrolment ID (EID), virtual ID (VID), and other details such as name, pin code, captcha code, etc.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’ or ‘Enter TOTP’ to receive a one-time password or enter the time-based password generated by the mAadhaar app on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP or TOTP and click on ‘Verify and Download’ to download your E-Aadhaar PDF file.
How to open E-Aadhaar PDF file
- Locate the downloaded E-Aadhaar PDF file on your device and open it with a PDF reader application.
- Enter the password and click on 'OK' to view your E-Aadhaar.
- To open your E-Aadhaar PDF file, you need a password that is 8 characters long and consists of the first four letters of your name in capital letters and your year of birth.
- For example, if your name is Ramesh Kumar and your year of birth is 1985, then your password will be RAME1985.
- You can also print or save a copy of your E-Aadhaar for future use.
Benefits of E-Aadhaar
E-Aadhaar has several benefits, such as:
- It is a secure and convenient way to access your Aadhaar card anytime and anywhere.
- It is accepted as a valid proof of identity and address by various government and non-government agencies.
- It can be used for availing various Aadhaar-based services such as e-KYC, biometric authentication, etc.
- It can be updated online through the UIDAI website or app without visiting an Aadhaar enrolment centre.
E-Aadhaar, the electronic version of the Aadhaar card, is a secure and versatile solution provided by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is easily accessible through the UIDAI website and myAadhaar app, with a personalized password ensuring privacy.
E-Aadhaar serves as a recognized proof of identity and address across various entities, with applications including e-KYC and biometric authentication. This digital advancement streamlines administrative processes and empowers citizens, reflecting UIDAI's commitment to efficient and user-centric services.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my Aadhaar card password is active or inactive?
To open a digital version of your Aadhaar card, called e-Aadhaar, you need to enter a password. The password is the first four letters of your name on the card, followed by your birth year in YYYY format.
2. What is the password to open the Aadhar PDF file or e-Aadhaar?
To open your downloaded Aadhaar, you need a password that is a combination of the first four letters of your name and the year of your birth in YYYY format. Enter the letters in upper case. Once you provide the password, you can view your e-Aadhaar.
3. What if I forget my e-Aadhaar password?
Your e-Aadhaar password is the first four letters of your name in capital letters (as mentioned in the Aadhaar card) and your year of birth (in YYYY format).
4. How to get e-Aadhaar password?
To obtain your e-Aadhaar password:
- Visit the myAadhaar portal.
- Use Aadhaar number/enrolment ID to download e-Aadhaar.
- Verify with OTP on mobile/email.
- Open PDF with reader software.